Saturday 19 May 2007

Focus Week 3 - February 07

Model Making

I thought for this week I would make a model as it is an essential aspect of Landscape Architecture for communicating ideas clearly and they can also look very impressive.

It was made for the North Sea Faring project (Vlissingen) and I used foam board, card, pva glue, a scouring sponge, tooth picks and a stanley knife. Foam board is an effective medium to work with as it is light , easy to glue and cut, and has a white professional finish. I used card for the more delicate structures as it is possible to fold. The scouring sponge was ideal for the foliage of the trees as it is green with a soft but irregular texture.





Working in 3D was a useful learning curve for me as I began to understand the site more accurately and it also became easier to visualise my interventions to the site.